How To Do anything On A Monday Morning.
Monday is the start of the week and it has always been the unspoken enemy of people who totally enjoyed their weekends. Well, that’s quite a lot of people. It is a known fact that we really can’t get rid of Monday off the days of the week, people need to get up and pretty much drag their self off the bed and start working the day. Monday mornings are the most dread moment of the week.
After a long, relaxing weekend, you may find waking up on Monday morning difficult. In a rush to be on time, you're tripping out of bed, stumbling into work clothes, and skimming through emails on your phone from your boss demanding a file now, as the realization hits you that it's Monday again. Monday morning blues are a real problem, but you can help take the sting out of Mondays by making your workplace better, planning ahead, and taking care of yourself.
Method 1: Find the issue.
If you're feeling down on Monday morning, it's likely because you're not a fan of your work. Maybe it's the job itself, or maybe it's the people you work with. Take some time to think about what really bothers you about your job by brainstorming for a period. Write down the issues that are really bothering you.
- Of course, this principle applies no matter what situation you're in. Maybe you dread Monday because, you're a stay-at-home parent who needs to make a few changes to make your life a little better.
- You could write things such as, "I don't feel challenged," "I don't like it when my ideas aren't heard," or "I feel overwhelmed."
Method 2: Look at your workload.
If you dread Monday morning because of the workload you have facing you, you may need to talk to your boss. Maybe your workload has increased to a point where you can't keep your usual standards. If your boss is reasonable, he or she may be able to adjust what you are doing, or at the very least, adjust the quality that he or she expects.
- Before going in, understand how your boss operates. Maybe she plays it by the numbers, or maybe he's more driven by emotional appeals. Whatever the case, know what works best before walking in, and have your appeal planned out. If your boss is more interested in numbers, maybe you can compare the number of cases or emails you're dealing with now to a year ago to show the increase. For someone more emotional, talk about the effect it's having on your family.
Method 3: Check to see if you're being challenged.
If you're doing the same thing over and over, you may find you've settled into a routine where you're bored out of your mind. To help get you over the hump, ask your boss if you can have some more challenging work. Your boss will be impressed, and you'll find your job more satisfying.
- Try asking in this way: "I've been feeling like much of my work is the same lately. I was wondering if I could try something a little different to spice things up."
Method 4: Take a look at your relationships.
If you aren't getting along with specific co-workers, ask yourself what the problem is. Trying being a little nicer to them to draw out their happier side. If you have a big issue co-worker, don't be afraid to have a calm, sit-down chat with him or her about the issue. If that still doesn't work, ask your boss for assistance.
- Be as non-confrontational as possible when talking to co-workers. For instance, you wouldn't want to say, "Why are you so hateful?" However, you might say something along these lines: "I've noticed that I sometimes seem to upset you. What can I do to help the situation?" By turning it back on yourself, it will be less upsetting to the other person, but you're still putting it out there to start a dialogue.
- Sometimes Monday morning blues may have nothing to do with what's happening on Monday, but rather, what's going on over the weekend to make you upset. Maybe your relationships are stalling or making you unhappy, and that unhappiness is lasting to Monday morning. Take some time to talk to the people you care about to make sure you are both ok.
Method 5: Bring the fun with you.
Surprise your co-workers. As brief as that is. It helps a long way.
Remember that Mondays should be welcomed with great enthusiasm, enormous hope and a tank full of energy.
From Clarionttech Services, we are wishing you a fulfilled Monday and week ahead.