ECBA PROGRAM OVERVIEW
The Entry Certificate in Business Analysis (ECBA) provides individual with a certificate that recognizes individual entering the field of business analysis.
this certificate is beneficial to:
1. Individuals entering the BA profession, including:
- Students enrolled in BA academic programs
- New graduates
2. Professionals in career transition
3. functional managers who are not BAs, but manage them.
Benefits of ECBA
Obtaining the ECBA includes demonstrating the required knowledge and competencies of a new practitioner of business analysis according to requirements designated by IIBA.
Benefits to the individual may include:
- demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the principles and industry best practices
- personal satisfaction of accomplishing the first step in their BA careers.
- improvement of overall performance
- more market opportunities
Benefits to the organization may include:
- advancement and recognition opportunities for staff
- demonstrates use of industry - standard business analysis practices to customers.
- demonstrates to your stakeholders that your business is run effectively
- establishes BA practices as outlines in the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK) guide by recognized professionals
- demonstrates commitment to the field of business analysis, increasingly recognized as a vital component of any successful project.
Applying for Certification
To apply for the ECBA™ certificate, CCBA® certification, or CBAP® certification:
Ensure that you meet the eligibility requirements for the exam you are taking.
For CCBA or CBAP, determine two professional references that indicate suitability as an applicant for the Certification designation you are applying for.
NOTE: Your references are emailed a link to an endorsement form that they must complete. For an example, see the reference email sample page. Your application remains in a PENDING state until your references provide all information AND it has been reviewed by IIBA.
Complete the online application.
NOTE: The name on your IIBA profile MUST match the name on your identification.
Once your application has been submitted, pay the application fee.
NOTE: The fee is not refundable.
Once payment has been received, an email is sent to you indicating that you have been "approved", or "approved pending audit".
NOTE: If your email indicates an "approved pending audit" status, this means your application will be audited within ONE month.
If your application is approved, you have a maximum of one (1) year from the date of the application approval email to pass the exam. It is your responsibility to ensure the application does not lapse. You may request for an application extension, only if you have an extenuating circumstance.